Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown strives to educate our staff and guests on how to impact the environment in a positive manner by protecting our earth, conserving its resources and making a conscious effort to improve or repair any previous damage. Products and services will be purchased and obtained using local vendors and environmentally friendly criteria. Audits and reviews will be conducted on an annual and quarterly basis to continuously monitor and improve our progress while reaffirming our goal of becoming a mentor for others in our community. We will be held accountable to seek and implement new and innovative ideas to set a shining example of green stewardship.
It will be essential to promote our environmental commitment to our guests, vendors, staff and community. Only through education, leadership and attentive conservation, can we preserve Tallahassee’s beautiful environment and encourage returning tourism and corporate growth.
During our mission to have a positive impact on the environment, Four Points Tallahassee Downtown has earned a LEED Silver Certification through the USGBC. Being LEED Certified contributes to the design and construction, operations, maintenance, and significant retrofit of a building.
- Hotel offers sustainable options for food and catering from our restaurant Juicy Blue.
- Hotel features a “green roof” that helps offset the urban heat island effect in Tallahassee.
- Hotel features water filling stations for reusable water bottles on every other floor.
- Lower-level features CO2 sensors to improve indoor air quality.
- Hotel is near downtown and other attractions and offers bicycles for guests to travel “green” around Tallahassee.
- 95% of all lighting in the building has been upgraded to energy efficient CFL bulbs.
- Laundry will utilize cold water wash cycles to save natural gas and extra spin cycles to reduce drying times.
- Hotel recycles paper, newspaper and cardboard.
- Recycles commingled plastic, glass and metal containers.
- No styrofoam will be used in the hotel.
- Hotel will have a sustainable transportation system for travel to and from the airport.
- Hotel features low VOC paint and flooring in guestrooms, and public areas.
- Nearly 80% of all waste during construction was recycled.
- Renovation included using 95% of the original concrete structure to reduce waste.
Through your experience with our hotel, we hope that you will take home some of our practices and initiatives and incorporate them into your lifestyle. You can help with our sustainable efforts by letting us know if there are any comments or suggestions from your stay by emailing us at email@example.com .